My goal yesterday was to get some of our master bedroom pictures and decorations hung up. We have a long 3 pane window that hung above our couch in the last house and had pictures in each opening. I wanted to reuse this window in the same way but I could not find one single place downstairs to hang the window. It is just too long for any wall. So I decided to hang it above our bed, but I did not want the same pictures hanging it. I knew I wanted our initials hung over the bed in some way. So I came up with the project below after googling framed initials.
I started out with these 3 frames.
Each one was a different color so I painted them all the same color.
Next while the frames 1st coat was drying I started on the initials.
I didn't have a plus sign but I did have a cross and I cut it down to size.
Next I started painting them antique white.
After 3 coats of spray paint, I lightly distressed the frames.
I didn't want to see too much of their previous colors.
Next after the letters got 2 good coats of white I distressed, stained, and waxed them.
The next step was to cut something to cover the fabric with.
I found an old box in the garage and traced the mats and cut the cardboard to size.
Then I picked out my fabric.
I really wanted a print but the prints I liked were too big.
So I went with burlap.
I hot glued the burlap to the cardboard and put them in the frames.
Next to last step was to hot glue the initials onto them.
And they are done!
Last step!! Hang them up!
I just love the way they look above our bed!
This project cost me $0!!!
I had everything I needed around the house!